Photo by Paws on the Run Pet Photography

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Back....

Sorry I've been kinda AWOL with the whole blog writing.  I actually set myself a goal to write one post per week in 2012.  I wrote one in January... so far I am off to a stellar start :-)  In my defence we had some internet issues.  I was all excited (and actually had time) to write my blog about our agility trial the weekend of January 14th last Friday.  I arrived home after our agility seminar to write and guess what?  No internet at our house.  Hmmmm....

Rewind 7 months...

Dan calls me at work to let me know that we are trying a Shaw PVR for free for six months and as an added bonus our internet bill will go down.  Sounds good to me.  The only thing I say is... "make sure you cancel the Shaw PVR before the 6 months is up.  I don't want to pay for Shaw and Bell".

Fast Forward 6 months....

Our Shaw bill arrives and the bill is ginormous!!!  Why you ask?  Well they charge one month in advance for the services so we are now paying for Shaw internet and Shaw cable (and Bell satellite).  So I nag my husband to cancel the Shaw for a month, because that's what a good wife would do.  Another month goes by.

Last Friday January 27th....

After receiving our 2nd extra large Shaw bill (and maybe a couple arguments later) Dan takes the PVR to Shaw and gives it back.  So Shaw comes that afternoon before I arrive back from my seminar and shuts off the cable.  Literally Shaw was at our house within hours of Dan dropping off the PVR.  Turns out when they shut off the cable outside they screwed up and also shut off the internet.  GRRRR  Don't worry they didn't shut off the internet bill... just the service!

Today...

Shaw FINALLY gets around to coming today to re-hook up our internet!  How is that for customer service?!?  When we turn off the service they damn near beat Dan home to unhook.  Yet, they screw up and shut off the internet and it takes almost a week to come back and turn it back on!  So tomorrow I get the job of calling Shaw to complain about my crappy service.  I better get a free month of internet!

No comments: