Photo by Paws on the Run Pet Photography

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

2nd Agility Trial

Well we officially have our second agility trial under our belt / collar :-)  
We didn't come home with any q's from our weekend in Calgary but I was really happy with how Cookie did.  The only terrible run we had was our very first one.  About 3 seconds after I took the lease off him he ran to the far side of the arena to sniff, sniff, sniff!  Holy Mr. Sniffy Pants was gone until the final gamble buzzer went and then I hauled him out of the ring.  Not his best effort!  I think Dan's reaction to the run pretty much summed it up... I had just gotten out of the ring and he said "I recorded your run on my phone, but I quickly deleted it!"  LOL!  Yup no need to post that run!  Thankfully his second run on Saturday went much better!!!  Our second run was jumpers... although he is not yet ready to run a whole course he had some awesome moments.  He stuck with me (no sniffing) and his contacts were awesome.  We have been working really hard on the contacts at home so I was glad they were good at the trial.  

Sunday was a lot of fun... We did three runs, gamble, jumpers, and snooker.  That was our first time playing snooker and I must admit I was confused.  Once I got the rules down (thanks Shauna)  I had a lot of fun.  He did well, we managed to get through our opening sequence and the first couple obstacles in the close before the buzzer went.  Considering we had never played snooker and I was confused I was happy with how it went.

So... the next big weekend for The Munsterlander will be December 10th and 11th.  We are headed back to Calgary for the 2X4 trial.  We're practicing our weaves so that we can be ready for standards that weekend.  After this weekend I can't wait to see what we can do next month :-)

No comments: